Need some last minute-gift ideas for loved ones? Consider their feet! Remember, our feet work hard to keep us standing, walking, and running, so let’s give them a good pampering during the holiday season!
Here are some foot care related gifts anyone will love:
- Warm socks – Maybe your loved one works outdoors and needs thick and durable socks to keep them warm. Perhaps a resident bookworm in your home loves to snuggle up on the couch with a good book. Whoever the recipient, he or she will be happy to keep their feet nice and warm.
- Slippers – For those who need more than socks, such as older loved ones that need some cushioning and nonslip grip on the soles, slippers are a great choice. Keep in mind what kind of floors they will walk on – for slippery tile or hardwood, choose nonslip grip slippers, whereas for carpeted floors, smooth soles will prevent trips and falls.
- Foot scrub and moisturizer – Maybe you noticed their dry, cracked feet, or you know they love taking baths and using essential oils. These products will smooth and nourish dry, winter skin for your loved ones.
- Foot Massager – Is someone in your family a nurse, cashier, or someone in the Queen’s guard? A job that requires standing all day can mean tired, achy feet at night. Imagine giving them a gift of a soothing foot massage that they can use each night after work. It will help them relax and hopefully work to keep them from foot strain issues.
- Foot Spa – Especially after a cold evening, a warm foot soak is delightful. Get one with jet spray and massage, and your loved one will feel like they are in a spa! You can add essential oils or Epsom salt to increase relaxation.
And last but not least, if you or a family member has a foot problem, the best gift is to make an appointment with our podiatrists at The Podiatry Group. Our foot doctors, Dr. Mark E. Reiner, Dr. Michael A. Haughey, Dr. William G. Coates, and Dr. Erik D. Rosenlof can perform a thorough assessment at our Jonesboro, AR office.