Your podiatrist takes care of more than ankle sprains and broken feet. They are fully licensed medical professionals who specialize in the feet and ankles. That’s why they are able to help you with many different health problems that affect many parts of the body, including the feet.
Here are some times when you should call your podiatrist to help you with health problems regarding your feet (and beyond):
● Foot and ankle pain – If you have chronic pain or acute pain during certain times of the day, it can indicate a problem. From plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis to nerve issues like Morton’s neuroma, foot and ankle pain can develop without a particular injury.
● Foot and ankle injury (including sports injuries) – Accidents while participating in sports, tripping, and/or dropping objects on the feet can cause problems like torn ligaments and broken bones. We can help you find the best treatment to reduce your suffering.
● Ingrown and fungal toenails – Some folks don’t realize that ingrown and fungal toenails are chronic problems that can be fixed!
● Diabetic feet – Some patients find out that they have uncontrolled diabetes when they come to see us about numbness or tingling in the feet. Those are symptoms of diabetic neuropathy, which is caused by high blood sugar levels that damage the nerves. We can help you with pain relief, grooming, and orthotic shoes.
● Developmental issues for children’s feet – If you feel like your children might be walking funny or their feet are not developing properly, it’s important to get them help early.
● Foot Pain for Seniors – Our older loved ones can require more shoe support in their feet. Bone and joint issues can affect them more as they age.
● Sweaty Feet – Hyperhidrosis can be helped with certain treatments by podiatrists and are necessary, especially if they are constantly causing blisters, corns, or calluses. Come see us for treatment options.
● Cancer – Skin and bone cancers can affect the feet and ankles. Patients can come see us with symptoms or developments that we can eventually help with a diagnosis of cancer.
● Skin issues on the feet and other parts of the body – From eczema and psoriasis to warts and ulcers, foot doctors see all sorts of problems. If you notice skin problems on your feet and ankles, come to see us for assistance.
If you have any concerns about the above foot issues, make an appointment with us at The Podiatry Group to find the best treatment. Our team of dedicated podiatrists can help you at our Jonesboro, AR office.